Digital marketing is a part of marketing, the only difference that it uses digital platforms like Social Media, Search Engines, Emails, Blogs, Forums, Mobile Apps, etc. In today’s world, every company uses online resources to attract customers and convince them to buy their products or services in a short span of time. Digital marketing first started to become popular in the early 2000s, but its history is years old.
Features of digital marketing:
There are mainly 5 key features through which online marketing is carried out. It is very important to know about each in detail.
• Email Marketing: Email marketing is the process of promoting and disseminating your products and services on the Internet through Email. Email marketing is the cheapest way to do digital marketing. If done with the right focus, it can also prove to be most effective.
• Content Marketing: Content marketing involves the creation of original and attractive articles about your business and spreading it on online platforms through social media, blogs, article directory. Content can be of any type like video content, image, infographics, pdf. In simple words, digital marketers write articles that convince the audience to buy the service or product.
• Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is a great way to increase sales. In affiliate marketing, you gave a fixed amount of your benefit to those who supported you in increasing the sales of your goods or services.
• Search Engine Optimization: A major medium of digital marketing is the search engines like Google, Bing, etc. SEO is the process to bring your website on the search engine results page and drive original traffic to the website. Thus, it helps businesses to get real customers from search engine results.
• Social Media Optimization: Social media is an online medium where people can digitally share their thoughts, messages, and information such as photos, videos, etc. SMO is the process of promoting the content of a brand, product on the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc., and thus attract customers from those mediums.
Types of Digital Marketing
There are two types of digital marketing i.e., Online digital Marketing and Offline Digital Marketing.
• Online Digital Marketing helps businesses to get leads by using the internet on desktops, mobile phones, etc.
• Offline Digital Marketing uses digital resources like TV, Radio where the internet is not required for promotion.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
• Low cost: It is cheaper to promote through the internet. Because you have to pay money only when people will see and read your add promotion (Paid marketing).
• Real-Time Results: Digital marketing is much faster than traditional marketing so results are also found instantly. You can easily watch and read everything about any product or service in real-time by using the internet.